Sunday, March 25, 2012

New Year’s Resolution

I have never really set resolutions in the past but I felt like I wanted to do one this year. I have discovered that we have too much stuff! I quickly decided that for my resolution I would get rid of at least a box/bag of stuff each month. I figured this would allow me to sort through old boxes and such and still allow me to be a little bit sentimental. I have found when I try to do a massive clean that I get attached to everything and so nothing actually gets thrown away.

Well I am pleased to announce that I did officially get rid of a box of stuff for January. I started the year by cleaning our room. I must say that it was super clean! I went through and got rid of clothes that I didn’t wear any more and worked on getting our room more organized. I loved how clean everything was and how nice it was to feel accomplished and like a good little house wife. I can’t wait to do this again next month!

Looking back I have decided that the only problem with starting with your bedroom is that it usually gets dirty the fastest. It doesn’t help that this week is laundry week and I have piles of dirty clothes on my floor rather than being nicely washed and folded in their drawers like they were when I started this project. My goal is to have my room clean again by the end of the week. Wish me luck

No comments: