Saturday, March 24, 2012

Finally Being Heard

Right after we got married in 2010 I got really sick. I would spend days in bed, unable to do much of anything. It was really a hard time in our marriage and on me personally. I would go see doctors and have tests run but I felt like I was patted on the head a lot and never really heard. I just wanted to be heard and feel like there was hope for me feeling better. We tried all sorts of solutions from different medications, strict diets, changing medications again, and there were little changes but nothing monumental. I still felt unheard and hopeless. One of the really great things about our move a year ago was that I was able to see different doctors. For the first time I am feeling heard and feel like there is hope for me. It started with doing physical therapy last fall and all of the growth that came, thanks to a suggestion from my doctor. It solved quite a few problems but we still weren’t completely better. In a few weeks I will have surgery to be officially diagnosed with endometriosis and/or adenomyosis. This will allow the doctors to officially treat the disease and it will be the first time that there is really hope for us. In fact this possible treatment will be the only hope for Marc and I having children one day. There is still a chance that having children won’t be possible but we finally have a fighting chance and it feels really good. So we will have to see what surgery holds and what effects it will have on our future.

No comments: