Thursday, March 8, 2012

Caroling with the Family

One of my family's Christmas traditions is caroling each year. This is Melissa's favorite tradition and we definitely make sure that we do it each year she is home. This year was no exception. We all piled into cars and drove to families around town, singing off key. We have had the same group of families over the years and I am so grateful that we get to visit them at this time of year. We did miss getting to sing to Sister Blair this year and that was definitely sad but we did get to see the Kildoos. I can remember meeting them when I was just a little kid and they have been such a special part in my life. As they are getting older in years, I always worry that there won't be another Christmas. We always say that Santa can't come until we have visited the Kildoos. They are such a highlight to our Christmas and I don't know what we will do when we can't carol to them anymore. We finished off the night by coming home and drinking hot spice tea. I love Christmas! I love being able to be with my family and share in our traditions that we all hold so dear. I just wish Marc hadn't needed to work that night so he could have been with us. There is always next year!

No comments: