Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Crashing the Spanish Branch

So remember my pass along card story? Well the person who gave me that card came back into the library. I wanted to make sure that things weren't going to be awkward and so I tried to be as friendly as possible. We talked and I found out that she actually attended the Spanish Branch here in Flagstaff. Apparently when her family moved here they just decided that was where they wanted to be. Anyway, she then invited me to their Christmas party that was going to be that night. I went and it was the coolest Christmas party ever! They had the best food, including homemade tamales, the coolest musical instruments, there was a harp!, and they even had pinatas! It was so fun to get to know everyone there better and I felt so welcomed. That is after everyone got used to the random gringo crashing their party. I also got to see my Dad's old mission companion because he is the Bishop for the Branch. It is such a small world! But seriously, I can't wait to do something with them again!

No comments: