Saturday, July 28, 2012

Marc and the Polygraph

On June 26th Marc went in for his Polygraph. Marc is the most honest person I know and so I brushed off any possibility that anything could go wrong. They strapped him into his chair and told him to breathe normally. A few hours later it would be known that Marc failed his polygraph and would have to wait a year to reapply with this department. To say that we were both shocked and crushed would be an understatement. I can’t even express my dismay. It would have been one thing if Marc lied but he didn’t, the test just registered that he did. I wish there was a better system or a do-over or something. I think that since Marc has done this once he will know what to watch out for next time but it was a pretty powerful blow. I am so proud of how Marc has handled himself through this whole ordeal and that he can pick himself and move on with such grace and power. He has already started looking for new departments and starting to plan for our future. I am willing to do whatever I need to in order to help him fulfill his dream and I can’t wait for when it is right and really happens for him. Luckily we both understand that there is a bigger plan and when it is right that it will happen. Marc is training harder than ever and I am so proud of him. Please keep him and his future endeavors in your families thoughts and prayers. My Mom reminded me that even when things are right they aren’t always easy. I have some new found respect for Lehi and his family and all of their troubles. This is our current trial and I can only be grateful for the strength that it will bring to our family and how blessed we will be when we get to the other side of this.

No comments: