Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Divine Comedy and Tim Hawkins

When Melissa came to visit she got us addicted to Divine Comedy. They are a comedy group out of Provo and one of their members went to visit the Youth Conference in Jerusalem. Melissa heard about them and was kind enough to spread the word to us on our visit. We would spend a really long time watching YouTube videos. It is now more common to hear us quote things like “to the left” or “I’m the ward dinosaur” or other such nonsense statements! I totally recommend them! However, these videos talk about some of the intricacies of the LDS culture and they are much funnier to those within the culture. They have done some songs that step outside like Firebolt and Halo but most of their videos are much funnier to those who are LDS or who understand that culture. On one of our YouTube nights we branched out to Tim Hawkins and I am amazed at how clean he is. He does a lot of his comedy to music and his facial expressions are amazing! I do have to warn that when you search Tim Hawkins a video called “Christians Don’t Have Curse Words” comes up but it isn’t from Tim Hawkins and I can’t recommend it. These are videos that I have really enjoyed: Divine Comedy - Shoulder Angel - Provo Utah Girls - Merit Badges - Good Talk - Sunday School Tim Hawkins - Things You Don’t Say to Your Wife - My Favorite Bible Verse - Tech Support (Marc’s Favorite) - Girls Vs. Boys - Thank You Captain Obvious

1 comment:

Just US said...

My kids now run around shouting, "there's a painful disease in my loins"! I am sure if anyone was listening they would really wonder what is wrong with our family :)