Thursday, July 12, 2012

Funerals and Weddings

This past weekend was an incredibly difficult weekend to face. On June 10th the world lost an incredible man as Jim Bunker died. He has been a hero of mine and I was so sad to hear about his unexpected passing. I do know that if anyone was ready to meet their Lord that it was him and that gave me comfort. I am so grateful for the Plan of Salvation and what it means in our lives. The following weekend I had the opportunity to attend his funeral. It was filled with beautiful music and touching words and was the perfect tribute to the life that he led. After such an emotional morning we left for the valley to attend the wedding of my cousin. It was a beautiful ceremony and I was able to spend the night enjoying Marc’s company. It was fun to dance and goof off at the reception with Mikkel. It was such an emotional day but it was a good chunk of the life cycle. I hope that I can always remember how special my wedding was and that when I die that I will be as respected and worthy as Bishop Bunker was.

No comments: