Friday, July 13, 2012

Feeling Off

Marc and I have just been off this past week. It seems that things that aren’t a big deal seem to cause contention and stress. This isn’t usually how things go in our house and I have been really saddened by this new change. It isn’t like it has been all his fault or all my fault but it seems we are both just off. We reevaluated our life and noticed that though we have been together more that we haven’t necessarily been taking advantage of our time together. We also had been slacking in our scriptures and prayers. We are now striving to do better on both accounts. I was amazed at how much a difference those things could cause. I really feel that it was the scripture study and praying that did us in. A few weeks later: We are now going on like 3 weeks of regular scripture study and prayers and it has made all of the difference in the world! Life is like it used to be and we are peaceful and happy again! I hope to never slack in our studies again and that our marriage will be able to continue on a happy track. As a disclaimer in our being off it means that we went from never bickering about anything to kind of bickering about some things. It wasn’t even like we were fighting but we were just off and seemed frustrated easily. I am grateful that I have a marriage where us being off is just slightly bickering about something and not even fighting yet. I am so grateful to have a marriage that is so peaceful and easygoing.

No comments: