Monday, May 7, 2012

Menopause

Well at the ripe age of 22, I start my medically induced menopause. The doctors feel that my best bet for having children will be to induce menopause for at least 6 months and then give me an 18 month window to get pregnant. There will be some other issues that will need to be addressed if there is ever a chance of me having children but for right now this is my best chance. I must say that I was a little nervous to start yet another set of medications and deal with the changes that it would cause to my body and my life. They gave me the worst case scenario before I started and I was just ready to face whatever came but this is the best my body has ever handled a change in medication! I do have hot flashes and that is a little annoying but in the winter time it is actually really nice because I seem to not get cold anymore and that is a huge plus! Plus these hot flashes only occur during the day and so they don’t affect my sleep which is a huge bonus! I am sure more changes will come over time but right now I am feeling great and hopeful for some possibility of future children.

No comments: