Friday, May 25, 2012

It’s Official I Am Going to Graduate!

I got the announcement today and after several hard years of work I am finally going to be graduating from NAU. YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am not even sure that begins to describe how excited I am to be done. I realize that I am not done with school yet as I have another year before my interpreting certificate will be complete and at least 18 months of my Master’s program before I will be done DONE. Well, at least unless I want to take some photography classes or who knows. I will probably never be done with school at this rate. However, graduating from NAU is a huge milestone in my life. I have fought really hard to come back from the setbacks that happened in 2007 that really could have made me stop trying. My freshman year was really hard and I was cocky and arrogant. I lost my scholarship and had the worst GPA of my life. I have worked over the last years to prove who I am as a student and a person. I am not the same cocky freshman that I was and have come back to prove that I am the person that I have always wanted to be. I am so grateful for those who have stood by me and supported me through this journey. I am grateful for everyone’s patience as I have ignored phone calls and stayed up way too late working on papers or tests. I am grateful for Marc who never complains about my odd hours. I am looking forward to this next chapter of schooling and am so grateful that I will NEVER have to take another humanities class ever again!!!!! Now that alone is reason to celebrate!

No comments: