Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Housesitting

Marc and I had the opportunity to house-sit for some friends when Mikkel was in town. It was a BIG job and I don’t know if we really qualified for the job looking back. Mikkel and I went out on Friday night to start the house-sitting and found our list of “chores” for the weekend. We started with feeding the animals to find that one of the baby turkeys was dead when we arrived. We fed the goats, pony, rabbits, dogs, cat, chickens, ducks, and turkeys. We let the family know about the dead turkey (which they thought would die and was stated on our list of chores) and then went to bury the poor thing. I was terrified that they would be upset that their animal had died under my care but I had no idea what was coming!!! Marc came over late Friday night when he got off of work and was there to do the Saturday morning feed. On Saturday we started the list of chores again to find that a rabbit had froze to death over night. REALLY!!! I was devastated! By Saturday night we had another turkey die. Let’s just say when the weekend was over I was ready for them to come home because I was tired of burying any more animals and was a little afraid of what would die next! I felt bad because it wasn’t due to ignorance or us not following the instructions or treating the animals badly but they just died. Luckily, our friends still speak to us and we all survived the weekend, well minus a few animals. Oops….

No comments: