Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Driving Extra in the Snow

Anyone who knows me knows that I HATE the snow. In fact I try to avoid being out in it at all. But last Sunday was the birthday of one of the boys in my class and I had forgotten his birthday present at home. By the time church got out it had started to snow and it was more than what I like to drive in but not even a typical storm for the area. I thought about just waiting for Marc to get off of work and having him drive me across town but I knew at that point it would be dark and snowing. So I faced my fear and went home and got the present and started driving. The trip was fine and nothing really special happened but I was able to give him his birthday present. I was so proud of myself for driving extra in the snow though and wouldn’t stop talking about it to Marc. Since he is from New Hampshire, he wasn’t overly impressed but he did seem to realize that it was a BIG deal to me and told me how proud he was of me. :)

No comments: