Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Losing the Animals

One of the stories that I heard at Women’s Conference was about a mom who rescued her sleeping child from a busy road. The child had wandered away and the mom had found her just in time. I found myself thinking that the mom must have been inattentive or something for this child to be placed in danger but since I didn’t know what had happened I quickly moved on and didn’t think too much about it. After the conference I went to a work meeting and then to home where I was making lunch for Marc and myself. I was in a good mood and dancing, singing, watching tv, goofing off, etc. while I was cooking. I had let the dogs out for a little bit earlier but it was quiet in the house and I figured everyone was sleeping because that is a typical afternoon ritual in our house. My phone rang and I didn’t recognize the number but I answered anyway. The caller told me that they had my dog Max. I figured they had to mistaken since Max was sleeping in the house but was a little confused as they insisted that they had Max at their house. I went to go see and found that the front door to the house and blown open and that not only Max had escaped but that Carmel and Aurora were sitting outside my front door. I about had a heart attack as I tried to figure out what I was going to do to get everyone back inside. Luckily the cats came scurrying back in and I was able to bring Max home without incident. The whole experience was pretty traumatizing to the cats and I don’t think they will try leaving again anytime soon. I quickly recalled my thoughts at Women’s Conference and realized that the woman hadn’t been a bad mom but sometimes weird things happen and accidents occur. I was so grateful that everyone came back home safe and sound and that no one was injured or lost. I was also grateful that we had just updated the dog’s tags and I was able to receive a call quickly and fix the problem. I felt that the Lord was aware of our little family and it meant the world to me that he would care so much about us.

No comments: