Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Missionaries for Dinner

Okay so we didn't eat the missionaries for dinner but we did have them over one night. With Marc's work schedule it is always tricky trying to invite people over for dinner. Sunday nights are my only sure bet and so they are the only night that I am brave enough to try and have the missionaries over for dinner. The problem is that everyone in my ward feeds the missionaries at 5:30 and Marc doesn't get off of work until 6:30. I used this as an excuse to invite some of our friend's over for dinner and that way I wouldn't have to worry if Marc was off work or not. I didn't want the missionaries to show up and for me to not even be able to invite them inside! It even worked out that one family was bringing a salad and the other was bringing dessert and so I just had to provide the main course. I had all my bases covered.

Except for Marc got off late, both families showed up late and the missionaries were only a few minutes late. Thankfully Marc was driving in the driveway as they were walking up. It was a crazy night and I forgot to get the chicken out of the microwave. I had cooked it earlier but was letting it stay somewhat warm in the microwave. But we had fun and enjoyed the craziness that is our house. I loved listening to the stories the missionaries were telling and enjoyed the company a lot. It was a much better night than just having it be us and the missionaries! I can't wait to do it again.



Trying to look as cool as the missionaries:

No comments: