Sunday, February 19, 2012

Happy Birthday Marc!

I had been planning Marc's birthday for weeks now and was so excited that I would have his birthday off with him. I quickly realized that even though I had Marc's birthday off that he would be working on his birthday! I still tried to make it as amazing as possible for him. I tried to have a surprise party for him but since most people had a three-day weekend then they were all leaving town. I then decided that it would just be a party for two.

Marc was able to visit China when he was younger and talks about that trip all the time. I wanted to use that as my inspiration for his birthday this year. I had a coworker, who lived in Japan for a few years, teach me how to write “I love you Marc” in Chinese and I practiced so that it would be right for the big day. I then folded a bunch of origami hearts that I would later use to decorate his car. I went to Cold Stone and had them write the Chinese characters on an ice cream cake and it turned out so good! I used the origami hearts to decorate his car in four 11's on his car. I wrote things that I loved about him and wrote messages through the hearts. It was freezing cold that night and it was so hard to finish decorating his car for him. He came home and we celebrated his birthday and just enjoyed being home together. Happy Birthday Marc! I can't wait to see what this next year will bring!







No comments: