Sunday, February 26, 2012

Snow Storm/Playing with Dogs

Having rain or snow storms is tough on our family. It means that the dogs can't be outside and trust me, we ALL want them to be outside. One night after a snow storm I had let the dogs out and was amazed at how much snow there was outside. Deciding to be devious I packed a snowball and tossed it at Max. To my amazement he caught it and was ready for me to throw another one. This is the dog that won't play with a ball, stick, rope, etc. for playing fetch but apparently he will play with a snowball. It was fun to sit out there and play catch with him. I always loved when he would miss the ball because he would frantically dig through the snow trying to find his lost snowball. I must say it made having the snow be there not quite so terrible. It reminded me of how much fun the snow can be when you aren't driving in it, shoveling it, or freezing in it! I know Max is desperately waiting for the next storm while I am desperately praying it never comes! But I guess if it does come again then I will just have to be prepared to play catch again.













No comments: