Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Guilt Trips

My parents have never been big on guilt trips and they make it so that I never have to feel guilty no matter where I go for the holidays. This year for Mother’s Day though my Mom kept asking what my plans were. I kept saying that I didn’t know because it was graduation weekend and I couldn’t understand why it was such a big deal. At one point I made a comment about how we would be going home for Mother’s Day because it was really important to my Mom but I wasn’t really sure why. I didn’t understand until Melissa walked through the door for my graduation. My Mom wasn’t trying to have me home for Mother’s Day but was trying to have me home to spend time with Melissa and the rest of the family. I GET IT!!!! I am so glad that even this guilt trip wasn’t a real guilt trip but I could just tell it was important. Man I am one lucky girl!

No comments: