Saturday, June 16, 2012

Pathetic Bug Catching

One of the things that I love about the cats is that I don’t have to catch bugs anymore! It is fabulous! If a bug happens to make it into my house then one of the cats tracks it down and it is eaten or disposed of in some way. I think this is the most marvelous thing and Marc is fond of it too because he used to be the bug catcher. In fact, I told Marc that he had to agree to that before I would marry him…. I really hate bugs. Anyway, so late one night we ended up with like 3 moths in the house when we let the dogs in for the night. I didn’t want to sleep with the bugs flying around and so we tried to put them back outside or help the cats catch them. We got two of them back outside and then the cats caught the third one. I wanted to make sure that the cats would finish the poor thing off and not let it back around the house before I went to bed. I watched as the cats just played and played and played with the poor moth. I kept making comments about their pathetic bug catching skills and didn’t your mother ever teach you not to play with your food! But much to my dismay the playing continued. Finally Marc came to my rescue by bringing Carmel into the room. Within two minutes Carmel had eaten the moth and I was free to go to bed. I felt bad about mocking their bug catching skills because I haven’t had to catch a bug in months but it was pretty pathetic to watch them just play and play and play with the moth. I guess I only thought that because I was sleepy and everyone knows not to mess with my sleep…. Well I guess the cats don’t know that just yet!

No comments: