Sunday, June 10, 2012

Kiara Not Eating

We recently received some extra cat food from my parents and I was so excited to not have to buy new cat food for a LONG time. But Kiara simply started refusing to eat. One brand she wouldn’t eat at all and the other brand she would immediately vomit back up. I kept thinking that she was just being a picky eater and that she would eventually get hungry enough but after several days and her starting to lose a lot of weight, I gave in. The poor thing scarfed down her old food in record time and then was ready for more. I was telling Melissa that I felt like a hypocrite because I had always said that if my kids were picky eaters than they could eat what I made or go hungry and I didn’t hold true to that. She reminded me though that I had no way of knowing why Kiara wouldn’t eat the food. It could have been because it was making her sick and listening to our kids is different than allowing them to be picky. She reminded me of the journey they had with Jaikob and all of his allergies. Kiara is allergic to plastic but I don’t know if she has other allergies and I know she has a sensitive stomach. I am just grateful she is eating again and if it means I give in to her picky ways then I will.

No comments: