Thursday, September 6, 2012

Pulling Weeds

I must be turning into my Mother but I have been pulling weeds all week. I go out for a little while and just listen to my music, pull weeds, and think. It has been a really nice way to find peace and quiet in this noisy world. It has afforded me the opportunity to be still and that is something I have never been very good at. The scriptures talk about being still and I am finally starting to understand the value of that and the peace that it affords. And not only has my weed pulling been good for me but it is great for our yard! However, I have decided that I will never finish at this rate and am looking forward to my family coming to visit me with their tools so that I can actually finish the yard.

Enjoy the before and after photos!

1 comment:

Just US said...

I love those quiet moments! Seize them when you can - even if it means pulling weeds or . . . shock . . . turning into Mom :)