Thursday, September 13, 2012

Doubles Day

As everyone knows I LOVE my holidays. I love them so much that I make them up. One of my famous holidays from last year was Doubles Day. We haven't really celebrated this one this year and I hadn't thought much about it but Marc brought it up the other day. He told me that he had missed Doubles Day and we should start celebrating them again. So we looked at the August calendar and found 8/8/12. This would have been the perfect opportunity but our day was a little booked with pedicures and ward BBQs and such. So Marc suggested 8/11 and said we could use it because it would be 11/11. I didn't even think twice about it and we moved forward with our plans. We had two of everything for dinner. It was a lovely evening and it took me a few times of saying 8/11/11 to realize that we are in the year 2012. Hmmm... so not only have I made up a holiday of Doubles Day but now I have started celebrating it on days that aren't even doubles! We will have to try harder next month!

1 comment:

Just US said...

12/12/12 is still up ahead! Then you could celebrate the one and only remaining triple day!