Sunday, September 2, 2012

Popcorn

Ever since Mikkel’s Eagle Court of Honor I have been addicted to popcorn. Aunt Gerry made an awesome tasting popcorn and I have been trying desperately to mimic it in my home and that means eating the popcorn I make! I have thoroughly enjoyed my new snack until Sunday night. About 6 months ago I cut corn out of my diet. It was an easy thing to do and I usually don’t miss it but my body was just not tolerating it at all. So I stopped eating it. I will eat a little bit here and there if it cooked into something but I don’t use it at all in my home or in my cooking. Well silly me didn’t notice that last week while I was eating the popcorn that I wasn’t feeling great. I figured that my body was trying to have a period or something and didn’t pay much attention to it. I finally started feeling better on Sunday and by Sunday night I was just sore. I made some popcorn and Marc and I ate some while we played Monopoly. Suddenly the cramping started again and I made a connection. “Marc, how much corn do you think is in popCORN?” He told me that since it was in the title it probably had quite a bit. Sure enough I can’t eat popcorn anymore either. I am now desperately trying to find a substitute for my popcorn cravings. If you have any ideas PLEASE share them but until then I will just sit and wonder how it took me this long to figure out that A) popcorn was making me sick and B) that it is popped CORN. I mean really?

1 comment:

Giggles said...

I believe you can pop rice, but I have no idea how to do that. I know they have puffed rice, which, when seasoned right, is actually quite good.