Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Cleaning the Yard

Doing that workout on Monday was such a good idea. I got finished and decided that I wanted to go pull weeds in my yard. I don’t know that I have ever WANTED to go pull weeds before but I figured that I could listen to music start on a small section for like a half hour and then do another half hour tomorrow. In like a month my yard will be weed free! So off I went and pulled weeds in my yard. I have a music playlist for Mikkel from his Eagle that I was playing on my phone and it is a random group of songs. I was listening to the new pop song that talks about how beautiful this girl is and she doesn’t even know it. I keep trying get in the mindset that I can be that girl. I am beautiful and I just have to realize that. I was dancing away and convincing myself that I was beautiful when the next song came on. It was the EFY rendition of As Sisters in Zion/Army of Helaman. It was out in my yard pulling weeds that I realized that I need to be beautiful inside and out. It was a really special moment and I am not sure words do it justice but I realized that in order to do that that there are “weeds” in my life that I need to get rid off and it gave me the courage to do that. This is one of the things that I was so grateful that AZTI taught me. It taught me that quiet moments are okay and should be sought after. I now don’t try to fill my life completely with noise but try to let those quiet moments happen. I realize that I was listening to music while I pulled weeds but it was the attitude and the reflection that happened while I was pulling weeds. I hope to have more moments like that in the future and am hoping that maybe I will have another tomorrow while I pull weeds.

1 comment:

Giggles said...

I've had a lot of "aha!" moments pulling the weeds this year too. I should really get around to writing them down.