Friday, September 28, 2012

Peeps

One night Melissa was cheering me up and talking about all our future travel plans. We were texting back and forth saying all of the places we want to see one day and Easter Island came up. Melissa said that she wanted to visit there and I said that I wanted to eat Easter candy there. I finished my conversation with Melissa and I was recapping to Marc that night. He, of course, wanted to join us on our amazing adventures and asked if he could come to Easter Island. I said that he couldn't come because he was a boy. He said that he would be the Easter candy for our trip. I said that he couldn't be the Easter candy because I wanted to eat Robin Eggs. He immediately curled into a tiny ball and started chirping like a Robin. I started laughing and said that now I wanted Peeps. He immediately froze with his hand by his mouth and his other arm bent into a wing. I really wanted a picture but he knew I would blog about it and didn't want any incriminating photos. I tried and tried to get a photo but had no success. He would become a Peep for .2 seconds and then move again before my phone could capture it. So I decided to cheat and switch it to video. Sure enough I caught him being a Peep and Marc was devastated that I had won. I knew it was bothering him because it came up several times over the next few days. Anyway, one day I realized that when I switch this blog to a book that the video wouldn't come along as well and I was really sad about it! I didn't want to lose that piece on the blog. Explaining my position I begged Marc to let me take his photo and if he did then the video wouldn't go up as well. He agreed and posed for me in his "Peep" position. The only problem was that he was a grumpy Peep and it took us a long time to get over that. The first two are the ones I caught originally trying to catch it before I used the video tactic. Enjoy our silly photos!

1 comment:

Just US said...

Absolutely hilarious! If we ever really do make it to Easter Island we might just have to take Marc with us. I think he earned it!