Thursday, August 30, 2012

New Phones

Since moving to Flagstaff we have been with Sprint as our phone company. According to their coverage map I have EXCELLENT coverage at my house. However, someone has never come to actually try to place a phone call at house apparently. In my kitchen, or living room, or bedroom I have NO service. I was constantly dropping calls or breaking in and out of service and it was super frustrating. I started hating to talk to people because it was frustrating for all parties. I finally found that if I laid under my kitchen table with my head crooked just right then I could kind of talk to people. However, who really wants to lay under their kitchen table to talk to people? I certainly didn't and was a little worried about what would happen when Marc started possibly working for DPS. I wasn't willing to lose communication with him and so we started looking at switching our coverage. Marc has never really like Verizon but they had the best coverage by far in all of the possible areas he could go and so that is where we went. Also after AZTI I knew that I wanted an iPhone. They are the most Deaf-friendly devices on the market and since that is where my career is going then I need to go that way too. However, I didn't realize all of the other benefits that would come with it. Not only can I talk to people ANYWHERE in my house but I can text Melissa for free in Jerusalem. I mean what is cooler than that? We have been loving the new phones and coverage. It has been such a HUGE blessing to be able to communicate again. I couldn't be happier!

1 comment:

Just US said...

I love your new phone too!