Monday, August 27, 2012

Dejavu

When I was a senior in high school my car decided that it was done living. I was driving on the highway going home one day when it lost all power. In fact my radio stopped working because it lost ALL power. I was right outside my driveway but knew that the car would have to go up before it went back down and I knew that I didn’t have the power for that but leaving it in the middle of the highway seemed like a terrible idea too. I looked at Mikkel and told him that he had better start praying or we weren’t making it home. With angels pushing the car we made it safe and sound and the car never worked again. On the way up the hill from the Oral Boards (for everyone who makes fun of me please note that I did say UP the hill which is the correct way this time) my car started to lose power. At first it did it in little lurches and then at a stop light I lost all power. I was having a panic attack as dejavu started to set in. Apparently I had just overheated the car and with a little time we were able to start driving again. However, before the rational part of my brain had calmed down I remarked to Marc that we were just going to have to kidnap Mikkel that weekend. I was sure that the only reason I survived as a senior was because Mikkel was in the car and now I didn’t have him or his faith and I was doomed. So Mikkel was going to have to go everywhere with me from now on and I wasn’t going to take no for an answer. Luckily, for Mikkel, he didn’t get kidnapped and I have driven my car just fine without him. However, any more incidents like that one and I will be having that boy come live with me!

No comments: