Sunday, August 26, 2012

Chrissy’s Experience of Oral Boards

So while Marc was being all professional for his oral boards I waited in the lobby and wrote thank you notes from graduation. I realize that I graduated quite a while ago but when I was done with school I was done with everything and I am just starting to come back to the real world. Plus I still have two finals before I officially graduate and so I am not so far behind… or at least that is what I try to convince myself of. Anyway, I was sitting and waiting and writing when I finished all of my thank you cards (which now I have yet to mail… good job me!) I knew that my Marc would be out momentarily and so I figured I would play on the kindle for a moment. I started to play a game when I noticed something out of the corner of my eye start to run towards me. I look up to find that I have a cricket running straight at me. Now I HATE bugs and usually it ends with me screaming that Marc has a bug to kill when I see one but I was trying to set a good impression for Marc’s Oral Board and only let out a tiny shriek! I then tried to scoot as far away from it while still sitting in my chair and as I squirm the thing continues to run closer and closer. So when it got to close I stepped on it and you know what? IT DIDN’T DIE!!!! Nope instead it charged faster! At this point I have one of the candidates watching me in amusement as I basically fall out of my chair away from the cricket. I step on it one more time and this time it dies. I was proud of myself for not screaming or flailing (too much at least) and wanted to blog this moment. But I knew that the blog wouldn’t be complete without a picture of my dear friend the cricket. So now I try to inconspicuously take a picture of the cricket which meant that my phone needed to be like 2 inches away from the thing. At this point the candidate was laughing at me and I very stoically pretended like nothing had happened and just moved away from the cricket. I was so anxious to leave when Marc was done. However, I was glad that I was able to share my own personal accomplishment for the day but I don’t know that it measured up to Marc’s Oral Board. A girl can dream right?

No comments: