Thursday, January 12, 2012

Rowdy Won't Make it Through This Winter

This is a sad post to write and one that I was beginning to wonder if it would ever come. As a child my family rescued and it has been the family dog ever since. We must have gotten him in 1998 and he wasn't a puppy when we got him but we guessed he was 2-3 years old. Rowdy has been a great dog and a beloved friend over the years. But we knew that he was getting older and for the last several years we have speculated that he wouldn't make it through the winter. Well that prediction came true this year as Rowdy has passed away. I woke up to a call on October 9th saying that Rowdy had passed away during the night. I hope that he just slipped away peacefully as he slept and didn't suffer. I am grateful that he didn't have to survive another winter but I will definitely miss him. He was laid to rest in his favorite napping place and I couldn't think of a better place for him to be. Thank you Rowdy for being such a wonderful dog and please know that you will be missed!

No comments: