Friday, January 27, 2012

Implications and Surprises

Marc gets in these moods where he wants to be super sweet and surprise me with something. This last week was no exception. Marc was aware of my “Reverent Rabbit” search and had gone to a thrift store looking for stuffed animals. He found several that he liked but he liked them as presents for me. Realizing that he was getting them super cheap he decided to buy a few and leave them in my car at work as a surprise. The only problem is that I had the keys to my car. He tried to be sneaky and came in and asked for my keys because he needed to look for his “lost i-pod”. I knew something was up, as well as did my coworkers, but I let him have my keys anyway. He came back saying he hadn’t found the i-pod but he was off to go workout. Shortly after he left I went on break and went to go see what was done to the car. My coworkers had been discussing it and coming up with possible options but none of us really knew for sure. As I walked out to the car I was greeted by several stuffed animals with slogans that said things like “Kiss Me” “Wild Thing” and “I Love You”. I called him and thanked him for the stuffed animals. I grabbed two of the animals to bring in to show my coworkers. We discussed that I hadn’t missed an anniversary, one of the possible scenarios for the random act, and that Marc was just being sweet. I left for the day and I didn’t think anything of it until the next day when I was approached by a coworker. Apparently I had brought in a blue stuffed animal and a pink stuffed animal. Suddenly the rumors were flying that I was pregnant! I quickly told them that I wasn’t and the colors were simply coincidence but the whole thing made me laugh so hard and made me a little more aware of how my actions can be perceived!

No comments: