Monday, January 23, 2012

Foreign Languages

Having traveled around and being fascinated by languages, I am able to say a few phrases in multiple languages. As we finished grocery shopping I said the phrase "cease and desist" to Mikkel about something and he looked at me and said, "Say it in Spanish!" (Usually Mikkel asks me to NOT talk in foreign languages but I obliged)

"Para ahora mismo"
"Say it in Sign Language"
"STOP NOW" (But I signed it not spelled it out)
"Say it in German"

Now I don't have the first clue how to say something like that in German but I did now how to ask if one spoke German, figuring Mikkel wouldn't know the difference I said, "Sprechen sie Deutsch?"

Mikkel kept on going not missing a beat and said, "Say it in Chinese!" I said some Chinese-sounding phrase and then busted up laughing. If I hadn't admitted to my misleading phrases I don't think Mikkel would have ever known!

1 comment:

Just US said...

Say it in pig latin :)