Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Baby Blanket

I have been working on developing my crocheting skills since my Mom taught me and nothing works better for developing relationships like service. It was time to make a coworker a baby blanket for her newest grandchild. I started with a very pink yarn but it felt more like a dish cloth rather than a cuddly blanket. We quickly found a softer yarn and began experimenting. It looked pretty awful and was definitely more dress than blanket as it flared! But after many hours trying to fix it, it didn't turn out so bad. I couldn't even bare to take pictures until I had fixed one side so there is a picture at the half point and one as a finished product. It was super soft and I am glad I had the experience. The one I am working on now is turning out so much better! I can't wait to see how it turns out.







But of course I couldn't have finished it without all the help of Mr. Carmel!

No comments: