Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Another Failure in Flagstaff

Four years ago in Flagstaff I faced a devastating blow and faced my first real experience with failure. It crushed me and I have worked over the last several years to rebuild my GPA and self-esteem when it came to school. Returning to Flagstaff was hard because I didn't know if I could face being here again or if I had grown enough from the last failure. Apparently someone wanted this theory tested because I recently had another failure in Flagstaff. I have been taking online ASL classes so that I could get some graduation requirements fulfilled and was relieved that the semester was over. I had worked hard and felt confident in my final projects. I had five final projects and I was failed on all five. I was devastated by this failure especially because they weren't due to me doing the project incorrectly. The teacher stated that she didn't like my choice of children's book to sign and didn't think it showed my full potential of signing. I emailed back and forth and tried to get these grades reversed but in the end her decision was final. Luckily, unlike last time, I received a B in the class and it won't affect my overall GPA because it is a transfer credit. Luckily, unlike last time, I was able to represent myself with dignity and not let it get me down. So I guess, maybe it wasn't another failure in Flagstaff. :)

No comments: