Monday, April 2, 2012

Interview Day

Today was a day that I have waited for for a long time. It was the day in which I will interview for the new position at the library. This is the position right above me and I really want this job. So I knew my interview was today and I started out to prepare myself. I went to bed pretty early last night and set my alarm for extra early this morning. I get all beautiful with plenty of time to spare. I even paint my nails. Work is calm and allows me lots of time to reflect on fantastic answers for the interview and they let me know immediately that I got the position. Now if only that were the case.

Really I wake up late and find myself rushing out the door after scrambling to get ready on time. I then will show up for work and not even have a working computer in the library. I will annoy patrons as I tell them I can't check things out to them without a library card because our system is down. I will then start on a big project because I can't work on anything else. Right after I start the project our system comes back up and the rest of the day is CRAZY busy. Not only that but I get asked if I am expecting. Seriously? I rush out the door to my interview and miraculously show up on time. I answer all of the interview questions to the best of my ability and then I leave to go back to work.

Now I have to play that awful waiting game. I have gone through my interview too many times to count. I keep finding things I should or shouldn't have said. Oh well, it is over and now I will just wait for the answer... which we are praying is, “Why you are perfect for the job! When can you start?”

No comments: