Saturday, April 7, 2012

Counting My Chicken Nuggets

Growing up chicken nuggets were one of my favorite foods. I had them almost every year for my birthday dinner in conjunction with macaroni and cheese. But one of the things that I didn’t like about eating chicken nuggets is that we were only allowed a serving size and that was 6 chicken nuggets. I didn’t ever want to eat just 6 chicken nuggets! I had forgotten that experience until I made chicken nuggets the other day and I found myself counting how many I could eat. I put 6 on my plate and was walking away when I had an epiphany that I could eat more if I wanted because no one was there to tell me how many I could eat. So I ate 6 1/2 chicken nuggets and smiled to myself as I ate them.

1 comment:

Just US said...

You rebel you!! That 1/2 of a nugget just might haunt you :) You better start watching your back for breaking the rules. :)