Friday, November 11, 2011

Answers to Prayers

Sometimes the Lord works in mysterious ways. The other day I was explaining to Marc that though I love our new ward I haven’t found my niche yet. Sometimes I feel as though everyone here is so stable and set in their ways that there isn’t room for someone new. I know I am just feeling sorry for myself; I just miss how easy it has been to truly make friends in some of my past wards. I had just had this talk with Marc on Friday or Saturday night and I was still thinking about it when I attended church on Sunday. I was sitting there in sacrament meeting and I was listening to the speaker talk about their perfect neighbor and how wonderful they were and they were always there when they needed the, etc. I was listening and my friend Megan leans over and explains that I was that neighbor for her. She said that my moving into the ward had made her more comfortable and she was so grateful that I had moved in. I had been so focused on myself that I hadn’t even wondered if I had been the person I needed for someone else.

No comments: