Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Dirt Cake

What is there not to love about dirt cake? This could quite possibly be one of my all time favorite desserts. Well that and better-than-sex-cake, I mean Four Layer Dessert. I needed to thank my Primary President for covering for me when I got sick on Sunday and so I decided to make dirt cake. I made it the fun way, in a beach pail with lots of gummy worms. I even added a plastic snake to the mix. They were sweet enough to invite us over for dinner and we brought dessert. I did have an extra pail and so I filled it will fun gadgets for the kids. It had squirt guns, bubbles, and sidewalk chalk. I needed an extra bucket for it's awesome shovel. This shovel was later put in the dirt cake. It was such a fun night and I enjoyed getting to know them better. I had forgotten what having kids around was like and it was a nice reminder. Marc got used as a personal jungle gym and was definitely ready for bed when we got home. We did get them riled up enough that they ended up in bed early and I felt super guilty about that. I am looking forward to our next adventure with them and the next time I make dirt cake :) Hopefully this time they will not end up in bed early.









No comments: