Monday, August 1, 2011

Father's Day

I wanted to make sure that I was home this Father’s Day, especially since it would be the last time I would get to see my family before their big trip. It was such an awesome weekend filled with hiking and talking and walking and just hanging out. I love hiking with my family and as we have all aged it has become more fun. We walked and took pictures and visited and just enjoyed each other’s company. I got to see what a communal metat would have looked like and saw a real life cowboy. We got to teach Mikkel what a rattlesnake looked like after a cowboy so graciously shot it up for us and that was an eye opening experience. I hadn’t ever seen a rattlesnake in person and I am not sure I ever want to again. But it was an awesome trip.

The whole weekend was very relaxed and easy going and yet we did so much. I love going home to visit my family and I am so grateful that we live as close to them as we do. I am so grateful for such a wonderful Father and am grateful that I got to spend that time with him. Words cannot describe what that man means to me or how much he means to me and so I won’t even try to come up with them. Dad, just know that I love you so much and you will always be my hero and I don’t know what I would do without you! You always have the greatest advice and wisdom to share and I always treasure the things that you have taught me. Happy Father’s Day!!!



No comments: