Friday, September 2, 2011

4th of July

I love the 4th of July and the fireworks and all the barbecues and all that comes with it. This year Marc had to work on the 4th and I spent the day trying to adopt a dog. We had decided that with Marc going to the Police Academy, hopefully, this fall that I wanted more security at the house. My attempts were fruitless though because everywhere was closed because of the holiday. When Marc got off, we made dinner and decided to go watch the fireworks from the hill behind our house. We hiked up there in the dark and found a spot and started our picnic dinner. We could see a storm rolling in and I chickened out and decided I wanted to be home and inside when the storm hit. It worked out alright though because the fireworks never even cleared the trees and so we couldn’t have seen them anyway. It was a fun night though and I really enjoyed being able to spend it with Marc.

No comments: