Friday, August 19, 2011

Random? I think not.....

Today, work was filled with "random coincidences" that I just can't believe were that way. I was having a rough day and I kept dealing with crab buckets who were upset about silly computers or other such nonsense. By the time 3:00 came around, I was ready to go home but sadly I still had a few hours left. Then the perfect family came in the door. No, they weren't literally perfect, but they were perfect for me in that moment. They were cheerful and friendly and it was contagious. By the time their visit was over I couldn't remember why I was having a bad day in the first place and the time flew by. As the family was leaving they commented "that this was the BEST trip the Library EVER!" Hearing that comment totally made my day and I wish that I could have expressed to them that it was the best trip to the Library for me too. I hope that I can be that beacon of hope and happiness for someone else in the future as this family was for me. It was definitely needed and appreciated in that moment! Not only that but I learned about the local community theater and being able to participate in one has been my dream forever. So who knows, maybe I will be lucky enough to be part of a future production! Lights, camera, action....

No comments: