Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Program at Work

One of my favorite parts of working at a Library is working with the kids. Adults are great and definitely have their place but nothing lights up my day more than the children. As such, I quickly volunteered to run a Summer Reading Program Program for some kids this summer. We are exploring different countries and languages. The kids are learning to say a few words, learn a little bit about them, sing songs, play games, and do a craft. We have already survived two weeks and only tortured one little boy…. no make that two little boys and have five more weeks to go. This summer we will explore American Sign Language, Spanish, Italian, German, French, Japanese, and Dutch. I am so excited for this opportunity and can’t wait to see what other programs and kids I will get to work with in the future.

No comments: