Friday, July 8, 2011

New Calling

So after Bishop came to visit, we got a call saying that one of the Bishopric Members would like to come visit us. We all guessed it would be a calling, but for who? I kept hoping that they had called Marc to Scouts or something and he guessed the calling would be for me. Our friends up here bet that I was being called as the Primary Pianist since the current pianist is leaving and I can play the piano. The bets were placed and after having to reschedule, because people were over for dinner again, we finally were going to know who the calling was for and what the calling was.

Well to no one’s surprise, but my own, I was called as the Primary Pianist. I have decided that this is a good calling for me as I will be involved with the children but I don’t have to be in charge at all. I have also thought about the fact that playing for Primary is infinitely different from playing in Relief Society, my previous calling. In Relief Society there are three songs, at max, and you know what they are at least a week in advance. In Primary there are the set songs for the year but then they sing Father’s Day songs and Mother’s Day songs and Welcome songs and Birthday songs and I was definitely not prepared my first week. We had birthdays and visitors and I hadn’t planned on either of those happening! But I am excited for my calling and looking forward to being able to serve the Lord in the capacity. Wish me luck and don’t judge when it is just the top hand for a little bit :)

No comments: