Monday, July 18, 2011

Marc's Hair

Marc and I have had a deal since before we were married, if I cut his hair then he wouldn’t go get it buzzed but if I sent him to a barber then he would come back with super short hair. I am not the biggest fan of super short hair and so I grudgingly agreed. After the last 15+ months of marriage I have learned how to cut his hair and have faithfully done it.

So one night I made Marc a deal, he would help me dye my hair and I would cut his for him. He agreed and my hair dyeing began. I then started to cut his hair but we half broke the clippers last time. Marc got the clippers back together and handed them to me. I started them up again but it wasn’t cutting his hair. I told Marc that they weren’t working and I should just cut it with scissors. Marc doesn’t like it when I cut it with scissors because the scissors are a little dull and it ends up pulling his hair rather than cutting his hair. So he was working with the clippers again. At this point Marc takes the guard off of the clippers and I don’t notice. I ask for the clippers back again and he hands them to me. I try to cut his hair again and this time the clippers work. To my horror, I have just buzzed a nice long strip on the back of Marc’s hair. Marc bursts into laughter and thinks that this is a grand thing because now he gets short hair and things it is so funny. I am so embarrassed and furious that the tears start. I leave because it is time to wash the dye out and go cry in the bathroom. Marc continues to buzz his hair. I come back and help him out because he has missed some spots on the back of his head and the tears still continue to fall. Marc assures me that it is fine and is a good thing and it’s not a big deal. How grateful I am that I have a husband that can find the positive in anything and is so loving when his wife totally butchers his hair cut! So now we both will have short hair for a while. Check out the new look:





No comments: