Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Mesa Temple Picture

When we lived in Tempe we came across this frame that was huge that was being given away. I had told Marc that I wanted to put a picture of the Mesa Temple inside and hang it on our wall. It was going to be my Birthday present. Well I didn’t end up getting the picture until right before we moved and so the frame and the picture were never put together. Then when we moved to Prescott, it just didn’t happen either. But with the move here I had the perfect wall and so I knew that I would have to paint the frame to match the picture. It was then and there that I realized that the picture was too small for this frame. I couldn’t just mat the frame because it was already matted and it didn’t have any glass. Needless to say, tears were shed and I was devastated that my plan wouldn’t work. I few hours later and after some much needed sleep I had the solution. I would paint the frame differently and mod podge the picture on to the frame and no one would be able to tell. After several days of painting and repainting the frame was ready. Can I just tell you how much I love having this picture on our wall and you would never know it was a crafting nightmare to get it to where it is today!



No comments: