Sunday, February 14, 2010

Going Through the Temple

This last Friday I had an amazing experience. I was able to go to the temple. It was such a neat experience to see all of the people in my life that took the time out of their lives to come and share this experience with me. Some of the highlights of that day was the fact that Karen Giullian was able to be there with me vicariously. One of the temple workers was named Karen Gilliland and she reminded me of my Karen so much! They way she talked and told stories and made me feel at peace. I wished that the real Karen had been there with me but it was so nice to have someone that reminded me so much of her. It was a comfort to me.

One of my favorite moments of that day was actually in the early hours of the morning. I was a little lost and wandering around after running the errands that I needed to have done before the wedding on Saturday. I had forgotten to bring my Zune that had the book on cd I was listening to and didn’t feel like listening to the radio. So I started singing some Primary songs in the car. I sang some of my favorites as I strived to feel the spirit stronger. I had sang quite a few as I started to sing “I Love to see the Temple” and I turned a corner. I was now facing so that I could see the temple straight on as I drove. It was such an amazing experience to know that I was able to go inside and covenant with my Father that day in the Temple. I have always liked that song but it now holds a special place in my heart from that experience that day. Here are the words to that song:

I love to see the temple.
I’m going there someday
To feel the Holy Spirit,
To listen and to pray.
For the temple is a house of God,
A place of love and beauty.
I’ll prepare myself while I am young;
This is my sacred duty.

I love to see the temple.
I’ll go inside someday.
I’ll cov’nant with my Father;
I’ll promise to obey.
For the temple is a holy place
Where we are sealed together.
As a child of God, I’ve learned this truth:
A fam’ly is forever.

No comments: