Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Writer's Block


I have had a case of writer’s block since coming back from Jerusalem.  Words couldn’t express how fabulous that trip was or how bummed I was to be back in the states!  I loved every moment there and wasn’t ready to come back to the real world.  And then I kept debating if I could put the journal that I kept on my blog.  It doesn’t contain any false information but it does have my opinions which aren’t to be taken as facts.  I would hate to put something up that isn’t completely accurate but I also hate not putting what I thought and felt about the trip.  And then Melissa did these cute little posts with the highlights of our trips and they were perfect!  Short, sweet, to the point, had gorgeous pictures and were the whole package!  I still haven’t quite figured out how to blog that and so nothing has been blogged about since!  This doesn’t seem like the best system either. 

I need to figure out a way to keep blogging even when something pops up like that and gives me some reason to pause.  I think I will post my journal and just hope that people understand that these were my letters back home everyday and they aren’t gospel or anything but they are truly how I felt at the time.  I loved my trip and the culture and the experience and I am so sad that even if I went back it would never be the same.  I wouldn’t be there with Melissa and her kiddos and all of the kiddos would be at different ages.  Kaelen wouldn’t necessarily have found a way to swing on palm trees or have been successful at it.  Jaikob might not be quite as opinionated about EVERYTHING.  Jorden and Taylor may have finally discovered that they really can be friends and that LEGOs aren’t the most precious possessions.  Cambree may have discovered that she is way too cool for me and there her baking skills far exceed my own!  Anyway, I couldn’t ever recreate this trip and as such I want to document as much as I can remember and as much as was in the letters back home.  So bare with me as we stumble through this 2 week trip that changed my life and then hopefully I will get caught back up to present day!

No comments: