Friday, February 22, 2013

Max's Muffins


So I was trying to be impressive for the home visit and I got up super early to make muffins.  I found a new recipe online that seemed easy and tasty enough.  I baked it but didn’t taste it at all because they had corn in them.  I figured Marc would test them for me and we would be good to go.  As soon as they came out of the oven the doorbell rang and the interviewer was ready for us.  I scrambled to put the muffins onto a plate and out they went.  As the interviewer left our house he did grab one for the road.  Marc and I went into the kitchen to discuss what had happened and our thoughts and feelings and left the muffins unattended while Max was in the house.  Needless to say by the time we realized our mistake the muffins were GONE.  Every last bit of those muffins had been devoured.  I sure hope they were good because I will never know now!  Marc tried to console me by saying that they must have been good because Max ate them all.  I countered with the fact that Max would have eaten them all if they had been burnt as well.  Let’s hope we made a good last impression rather than a baking blunder!

No comments: