Thursday, February 21, 2013

Home Visit


The next step in the DPS hiring system is a home visit.  This is where they make sure that we are hiding anything or that our home isn’t disgusting, we aren’t crazy drug addicts, etc.  I was really nervous for the home visit because I didn’t want to mess anything up for Marc.  He has worked so hard to get this far and it would have broken my heart to have him not continue because of me. 

We spent lots of time that week cleaning, rearranging, and throwing things away.  It was a very cleansing week both for my house and for me.  Eventually it looked like we were showing the house to future buyers rather than living in the house.  When the morning came to have the interview we were calm and collected and I think it went pretty well.  I kept feeling as though I got the answer wrong even though it was the truth.  “Where do you meet Marc?”  “I met Marc when I moved to New Hampshire in 2008.”  LONG PAUSE…. ( I just kept thinking… I swear that is when I met him!)  But it was a good experience and I think we will be moving on.  The next step is the psychological exam and we are once again in the waiting game….

No comments: