Thursday, November 29, 2012

Walking By the Temple

As Marc & I took our fake anniversary weekend we took some time to walk around the temple grounds.  I always love the peace that exists there but on that night it was filed with rowdy, silly teenagers.  We wished that they could understand that they were on sacred ground and though there is a time for silliness that this wasn't it.  I am sure at their age I would have been guilty of the same thing but it broke my heart to see this holy site being treated that way.

On this same trip though, we learned about the symbolism that exists in the carvings on the temple.  We kept trying to guess what each panel represented and finally we looked it up.  Feel free to check out this link here and then take some time the next time you are there to look at them in person!

I also spent some time in the visitor's center.  With my upcoming Jerusalem trip the display meant so much more and will again when I get back.  I was reminded looking at the display that you don't have to walk where Jesus walked to know him.  How grateful I am for that!

No comments: