Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Our Anniversary

I have always said that even though we were married in February that I want to celebrate our anniversary in the fall.  Then I don't have to compete with Valentine's Day and I get a day to celebrate our marriage.  Plus then I get an excuse to run away every fall and it is cheaper than competing with all the craziness of Valentine's.  

So this year we went off to celebrate 2 1/2 years of marriage.  We stayed in a hotel in Mesa that was within walking distance of the temple and I loved it!  We wanted to go back to the Valley because that is were our first year happened.  It is where a lot of our big changes occurred and a lot of memories are tied there as well.  Even though we were within walking distance we weren't able to do a session because it was conference weekend.  However, we did enjoy the visitor's center and the grounds.

This weekend was the perfect little getaway and exactly what we needed!  We escaped from the world and got to just spend time together.  There wasn't a schedule but we did a lot and could afford to be lazy as well.  We enjoyed some classics like Bahama Bucks & some new treasures like the firefighter memorial.

I am sol lucky to be married to such a great man and I can't wait to see what this year brings!



















No comments: