Monday, November 5, 2012

My Miracle

I know that I am crazy behind on my blogging and though I have a list of topics to blog about I am going to jump ahead for tonight. I would feel so completely ungrateful if I didn't take a moment to recognize the miracle that has happened in my life today. For about a week now my health has been declining. I have had more cramping, more often and life has been miserable. I know that my body does ridiculous things and I was just waiting for my levels to even themselves out but it wasn't happening very quickly and my trip to Jerusalem was fast approaching. I didn't know what to do and the faster the date arrived the sicker I became and the more nervous I became as well. What was I going to do? Last night I finally asked for a blessing and it was a little bitter sweet because the word "healed" almost came out but instead was changed to healing and comfort. I want so badly to be healed from this disease and am tired of the constant fighting and the constant war that is raged on my body. I want to be normal again and not have my life dictated by my hormonal levels. However, I took comfort in the words of the blessing and had faith that I would be better soon. When I woke up this morning, and several times through out the night, it was clear that today wouldn't be my day of healing. My body was so tender and any movement caused great pain. It is really sad when you can't finish brushing your teeth because the pain is too great and you have to sit down. I must say I lost just a little bit of faith at that moment. How would I be better for my trip if I couldn't even brush my teeth? I leave in just a few days and didn't know what to do. I felt discouraged and alone. I had a feeling today though that maybe I had a UTI. I was grasping at straws but it was a little idea that I couldn't get to go away. I asked Marc to bring me something to drink and preferably I wanted lemons or cranberries. My sweet husband started ransacking the kitchen to see what he could come up with. It was then that my prayers had been answered. About a week or so ago we ran out of our morning drink flavorings. This is a concoction of fruits and vitamins and I love the taste. However, I knew that money was tight and that we had other flavorings and so I opted to use these flavorings until pay day and then I would buy my favorite again. Tonight it was these substitute flavorings that Marc looked at. Every single one of the flavors has corn in it. Now it has been recently discovered that I have an intolerance to corn and it makes me SO sick when I eat it. I am getting pretty good and reading labels before bringing foods home or asking at restaurants but I am really bad about reading labels of foods that already exist in my house. So for about a week now I have been putting corn into my diet and the reason I couldn't pin-point that is because it takes me all day to drink my shake and so it wouldn't have been a one time occurrence like when I eat corn at a meal. My body was getting tiny doses all day long and it was almost "poisoning" my system. So I wouldn't have figured it out and I would have continued drinking these because I like the way they taste. However, my Heavenly Father was able to touch someone else and they took the time to do what I wasn't and read the labels to this food. I know this may seem like a small thing but to me it was monumental today and was the answer that I needed. My body will still take a few days to fully heal and there will still be some pain but now I have the hope that I will be better by Friday and that my trip will be as amazing as it should be. I am grateful that I have a Heavenly Father who takes the time to answer my prayers and be aware of me. Even if that means finding ways to warn me of foods not to eat. I definitely felt just how loved I am and I really needed that today. Now I will be able to have the strength to continue on and work on healing the rest of this week. I am so grateful for this miracle in my life today.

No comments: